Mold Sickness Diagnosis and Treatment


What is Mold Sickness? How Will Mold Illness Affect My Health? Where Can I get Competent Medical Treatment for Mold Exposure?

What Is Mold Sickness

Mold Sickness, or Mold Illness, is a complex result of people being exposed to a mold contaminated environment, or an indoor water damaged structure, which is actively growing mold, most likely harboring other pathogenic microbial components as well as mycotoxin.

Understanding the three ways mold Illness can make a person sick is the key factor to correctly diagnosing mold sickness and providing the correct medical treatment(s). First the physician must understand and be able to determine the extent of the damage to the patient’s physical body. Second, the physician must have a methodology to be able to determine the extent of the damage to the patient’s nervous system.

The three diagnosis that must be achieved to provide adequate medical treatment for mold exposure victims are as follows:

1. Define an allergic reaction if present.
2. Discover any site of infectious sources, fungal, yeast, and bacteriological.
3. Examine the toxicology of mycotoxin poisoning within the patient and the extent of neurological damage(s).

All three of these factors, can and do, affect the individual treatment of the mold exposure patient, and the probability of their recovery.

Once these three evaluations have been completed, only then can adequate medical treatment for mold sickness, or mold illness be applied.


National Treatment Centers for Environmental Disease understands how to identify these pathogens and toxins which create co-exposures and provide the treatment necessary to put you and your family onto the road to recovery.